Check below to see any available positions at Sandytots Nursery.
Available positions: Nursery Nurse
To work as an effective member of the nursery team, delivering flexible, high quality education and care, that meets the needs of young children and their families. With guidance, ensure compliance with all company policies, Health and Safety legislations, Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework and requirements as laid down by the Government and regulated by Ofsted
6:30am – 6:30pm
Full time, permanent
- To plan, prepare and participate in a range of activities that promotes each child’s physical intellectual and emotional needs to enable each child to reach their full potential.
- To ensure that the planned activities come from the children’s next steps, observations and interests, as the EYFS framework requires.
- Supervise meals and mealtimes and interact with your key children where possible to make this a sociable time.
- Encouraging where appropriate all children to use cutlery, serve themselves and sit and the tables during meal and snack times as an important element of planning to support learning and development.
- To help children acquire self-help skills, including dressing, feeding, toilet training and an important element of planning to support learning and development. Ensure that all your key children have an accurate up to date record of their learning and achievements.
- Be proactive in the use of reflective practice to help develop and improve own practice and working environment.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective relationships with parents and other agencies.
- To assist in the daily domestic management of the nursery, including ensuring that the nursery is kept safe, secure and clean at all times Be prepared to help where needed in preparation of snack, meals, cleaning of equipment and doing laundry etc.
- To work in partnership with fellow colleagues to create an effective nursery team and be fully involved in all activities associated with the nursery.
- To work under supervision to maintain records and documentation that complies with statutory requirements.
- To be aware and comply with Nursery’s child protection policy, confidentiality procedures and other Nursery policies and procedures.
- In consultation with Room Manager, Assistant Room Manager assist in identifying suitable care plans when accommodating children with special educational needs.
- To ensure that quality that quality handovers are given to parents on collection in accordance with collection procedures.
- To report and record all accidents, incidents and to be aware of all risk assessments within the nursery.
- To implement the necessary Health and Safety, fire accident and emergency procedures in accordance with Sandytots policies.
- To report and signs of illness, neglect or apparently non accidental injury directly to the Room supervisor/Assistant or a senior member of the management team.
- These particular responsibilities attached may also be varied without changing the general character of the duties to the level of responsibility entailed. As a result of the variations it will be necessary to update the job specification from time to time.
To apply please email: email@example.com
*Previous applicants need not apply*